By this point of the project you should have a good understanding of how your product may appeal to your clients. The day of showing the latest product of your company is coming soon. Each company has to give a very short presentation about their company, product and show their promotional materials (posters, leaflets, TV commercials) to the public.
(A) Components in the sales presentation script
- Greet the audience
- Introduce your group
- What is the name of your company?
- What are the job titles of your group members?
- State the purpose of the presentation
- What product are you trying to sell?
- What is the structure of your presentation? Who is going to speak?
To make your introduction more attractive, you can consider adding one/ some of the following elements which is/are related to your presentation:
- an anecdote (short story)
- a quotation
- statistics/ research/ cases
- surprising information
- an excerpt of music
- other audio-visuals
- Company name
- Company logo (meaning)
- Your company motto
- Company description
- When was your company founded?
- Where is your company based?
- Which industry does your company specialised in?
- Has your company won any awards?
- Your product
- Target group
- Selling points of the product (can compare with similar products in the market)
- Promotional materials
- Conclusion (A call to action)
- Why should customers choose your product?
- Advise your audience on what specific action they need to take, how to take it, and when it must be taken.
- Appeal to the audience to buy the product/ use the service
- Ask if there are any questions from the audience
- Thank to the audience for listening to your presentation
* List of strategies used in Sales Presentation:
- Use of contrasts
- Star power (using famous people)
- Hand signs and gestures
- Personification (objects that move and talk to the audience, eg windows, trees, cars etc)
- Giving instructions
(B) Useful Expressions
Beginning a presentation
- Good morning,/afternoon/evening
- My name is ________ and I represent _______
Introducing the topic
- I’m here to talk about . . .
- Today, I’d like to say a few words about . . .
- Today, I’d like to talk about…
- I’d like to introduce . . .
- I am glad to have this opportunity to…
- Thank you for your time
- Thank you for taking the time to be here
This presentation can be divided into the following subtopics
|First of all
|The first point is . . .
The next point is . . .
Next, we come to . . .
The final point is . . .
- Let me start by…
- First, let me tell you about…
Let’s move on to . . .
That brings us to . . .
As a matter of fact,
This is why . . .
The main reason is . . .
Are there any questions?
Most of the time,
In most cases,
To sum up
(C) Structure of Sales Presentation
1. Greet the audience
2. Introduce your group
– What is the name of your company?
– What are the job titles of your group members?
3. State the purpose of the presentation
– What product are you trying to sell?
– What is the structure of your presentation? Who is going to speak?
|Speaker 1||Good afternoon everyone. We are so glad to see you all here today.
My name is Cecilia Wan, the general manager of the Walk Company. The presentation today is about our company – Walk Company and our newly invented product — “Super Socks”. This is our innovative and creative product with high level of technology.
First, our marketing manager, Mandy Li will introduce our company. Then, Peter Yu, our sales representative will show you our product and tell you about its special features. After that, Jessie Wong, our designer will show you our advertising campaign. Please feel free to ask any questions at the end of our presentation.
Company (refer to section 2.1 of project booklet)
1. Company name
2. Company logo (meaning)
3. your company motto
4. Company description
i) When was your company founded?
ii) Where is your company based?
iii) Where does your company do business (Global/ Local)
iv) Which industry your company is specialized in?
v) Has your company won any awards?
|Speaker 2||Right! Let me begin by giving you some details about our company.
Our company is specialized in producing socks. That’s why our company logo is made up of a pair of socks. One sock is printed with a letter “W” which represents our company name. We encourage people to walk more by wearing our product. Therefore, our company motto is “Walk more!”
Walk Company was established in 1950. It is a company based in the USA. We do business worldwide. We are experts in producing different kinds of socks, especially sport socks. Our customers include kids, teenagers and even adults around the world. We have won ‘The Best Fashion Design Award’ as well as ‘The Top 5 Sales in Product Category (Socks)’ awarded by the Hong Kong Trading Department.
Product (refer to section 2.2 of project booklet)
Selling point (can compare with similar products in the market)
|Speaker 3||Now, it is time to show you how fantastic our new products are. “Super Socks” are specially designed for kids. They are durable and super comfortable. They are made of 100% cotton and can absorb sweat and keep the small feet dry. We guarantee that our socks will not be worn out after wearing 100 times. Even kids as energetic as cheeky monkeys cannot easily ask their moms for a new pair of socks.
Look at the design. Aren’t they adorable? The cute patterns of our socks can definitely attract kids and their moms and dads. We provide different colours for you to choose from.
Our socks are made with high technology. They are waterproof! You don’t need to be afraid of getting wet on rainy days. Compared with similar products on the market, our socks are definitely your ideal selection in summer.
How much are they? The price is very attractive. You can’t believe it! Trial price — it’s only $50 for 2 pairs. With low prices but high quality, our socks are definitely your best choice!
Advertising materials + ending
(show the audience the poster, TV ad and the brochure)
– when giving out the leaflet, tell the audience how they can contact you and where to look for you if they want to use the service/ buy the product.
(Conclude by giving a call to action)
(i) Advice: Tell your audience what specific action they need to take, how to take it, and when it must be taken.
(ii) Appeal to the audience to buy the product/ use the service
(iii) Q and A
|Speaker 4||Let us show you our advertising campaign. Look at the poster. Here are the colours we have. Aren’t they attractive? Look at these cute little kids. After they have worn super socks, they look so smart and cute.
Let’s watch our TV commercial together. (show video) See, the kids were jumping happily in the water puddles and their feet were not wet! Aren’t they amazing? Would you like to try this special experience?
If you want to know more about our company or products or if you want to come to our office to see other collections we have or to purchase this new collection, you can find our address, e-mail address and phone number in the brochure.
All features of our products are listed with picture illustration for your reference.
“Use it! Have a bright day!” If you use our product, a rainy day will become a bright day! Don’t hesitate, come and buy a few pairs and try. I am sure you will come back for more!
You can fill in our order form attached to our leaflet. and hand it to our staff. An additional 20% discount is offered today. Buy it now!
That brings me to the end of our presentation today. Thanks for your time today. Have you got any questions?